Parallel models of Metaheuristics
The cooperative island model
- Distribution of the population in a set of islands in which semi-isolated EAs are executed.
- Sparse individual exchanges are performed among these islands with the goal of introducing more diversity into the target populations.
Master / Slave
- The evaluation of the offspring is generally the most computationally step of the EA.
- Parallelization bases on the distribution of the evolving population.
The parallelization of the evaluation of a single solution
- The evaluation of a single solution may be parallelized.
- To be used in conjunction with the parallelization of the population to enhance scalability.